Tuesday, August 12, 2014

7-yr-old dies in fire

GANGTOK, 11 Aug: A 7-year-old boy was killed in a fire that broke out in his house last night at Padamchey, East Sikkim.
The house was a single storied wooden structure belonging to Ramesh Gurung and caught fire at around 10:30 pm. The deceased, Kunal Gurung, who was a student of Class II, was in the house at the time and died in the fire.
Preliminary inquiries suggest that the probable cause of the fire was a lit candle as there was no electricity supply at the time of incident. The dead body of the deceased was forwarded to STNM Hospital, Gangtok for medical autopsy.
The District Collector East, Tshewang Gyatchho visited Padamchey, East Sikkim and met the family of the deceased this afternoon. During his visit the District Collector handed over the ex-gratia payment of Rs.1,70,300 to the owner of the house and father of the deceased, Ramesh Gurung.
While conveying his heartfelt condolences over the incident, the District Collector assured Ramesh Gurung that besides the ex-gratia payment, the Government and the district administration will provide all the required assistance and help to restore normalcy in his life and reconstruct his living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...