Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fire in MG Marg flat

GANGTOK, 04 Aug: Prompt action by the Sikkim Fire & Emergency Services [SF&ES] averted what could have ended up as a major fire at a residential flat here at MG Marg this morning.
According to the Deputy Chief Fire Officer [DCFO], Prakash Rai, the Fire office received a call intimidation at 7:26 a.m. and fire tenders left to douse the fire by 7:28 a.m. According to the house owner, the fire started from a butter lamp which is believed to have toppled over and started the fire which then spread quickly.
Four fire engines with around 12 firefighters were engaged. Within 30 minutes the firefighters were able to bring the fire under control and it took a little more than an hour to completely douse even the remaining embers. The fire however totally gutted the room. No one was injured either in the firefighting operation or earlier. There was no one in the room when the fire started.
Locals from in and around the area were quick to respond and were seen throwing water to put out the fire till the time the fire engines arrived on the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...