Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dalai Lama conveys condolences, donates funds towards relief measures


GANGTOK, 21 Sept [IPR]: The Dalai Lama, in a letter to Chief Minister Pawan Chamling yesterday, has conveyed his condolences on the devastation which visited Sikkim in the wake of the Sunday earthquake. As a token of his concern, and support for the rebuilding measures, He has also donated Rs. 5 lakh from the Dalai Lama Trust towards relief work in the affected areas.
In his letter, the Dalai Lama writes: “I was saddened to learn about the loss of lives and the damage to properties that the recent earthquake has caused across isolated Himalayan regions, particularly in Sikkim on my return from a two-week visit to Canada, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil on September 19. I offer my sympathy and condolences to all those families who have been directly affected by what I understand is one of the worst earthquake in recent memory.
As a token of my sympathy and concern over the disaster, I am making a donation of Rs. 5,00,000 from the Dalai Lama Trust towards relief work in the affected areas in your state.
I offer my prayers for those who have lost their lives, the bereaved and all those who are affected by this tragic natural calamity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...