APPEALSikkim and other parts of Northern India have been experiencing earthquakes and their aftershocks at frequent intervals since the major earthquake with its epicenter in Nepal on 25th of April, 2015 at around 11.41 am.
We are fortunate not to have suffered major damage in the State so far. Not a single death has occurred due to the earthquake and there has been no report of any house collapse in any part of the State. Nonetheless, we must not be complacent and take extra care and precaution in emergency situations and to remain alert for any eventuality.
The public are also advised to refrain from spreading unfounded rumours. There is no cause for any panic or alarm. The State Administration is closely monitoring the situation and it is fully geared and prepared to meet any eventuality.
For any information or updates the following numbers can be contacted:
• STATE CONTROL ROOM at Manan Kendra, Gangtok; 03592 201145, fax no 03592 201075
DISTRICT CONTROL ROOMS:
• East District - 03592 204995, DPO, East 9679889137
• West District 03595 250633, DPO, West 9593973686
• North District 03592 234538, DPO, North 9434174767
• South District 03595 264442, DPO, South 9733299989/9732058999