Thursday, May 26, 2011

Anga Iron Pump’s Sunil becomes regions first diploma-holder from National School of Bodybuilding


GANGTOK, 25 May: Sunil Gurung has introduced himself as the first diploma holder from the National School of Body Building, Training, Fitness and Nutrition of Punjab from entire north-east region.
Sunil is the owner and instructor of the Anga Iron Pump, a gym inTadong, and has recently completed the one-year diploma under coach Randhir Kumar Hasti and is now a certified trainer.
He started the gym in June 2006 with a few members and presently has 93, including 15 ladies.
Addressing a press conference today, Sunil informed that now his gym will start personalised training at home for those who do not wish to, or cannot join a gym. This will begin next month.
He further informed that depending on the response, he will be employing more of his students in the coming days for fitness-related jobs. He has employed 3 of his former students for the personal training service.

Sunil had started body building in 2000 by joining a gym in Kolkata and upon returning to Gangtok, started his own gym in 2006 with a few students by taking a loan under the Chief Minister’s Self Employment Scheme.
“When I started the gym I faced many negative comments and discouraging response from the people but now the same people appreciate my efforts and struggles and some are taking training from me,” he said.
He mentioned that the main objective behind opening the gym was to become self-employed and provide a healthy platform for the youth.
“After completion of my diploma, I have also received many good job offers from different corners of the country but I have decided to work in my own state for my youth,” he said.

5 comments:

  1. whats a big deal small brother there r masters who r in this profession for more then 20years and have masters degree in this field they dont say we r master but people know the fact anyway keep up the good work but pl dont write that you r the first one to hold a degree there r masters lying with masters degree in fitness field in sikkim..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments

      Delete
  2. whatever Mr Anonymous..this is what is wrong with our people....never enouraging eachother but looking for reasons to pull down fellow brothers .....Sunil .is certified and is the BEST trainer unlike other trainers in Sikkim..and we r Proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not perfect I know still iv to go long way completed 6/courses on Fitness Field BodyBuilding Training\Bmx\Anabolic & Gh\Diet &Nutriton \Supplementation\CrossFit.some encourage me some Discourage me but I'm on my way. I may not be there yet but I'm closer then Yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Some encourage me some discourage me but I don't care I know iv to learn more and I may not be there yet,but I'm closer than yesterday.completed 6/courses on BodyBuilding Training\Bmx\Anabolic& Gh\Diet&Nutrition \Supplementation\CrossFit.Still long way to gooooooo.Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...