Monday, December 9, 2013

Namchi College students thank govt for laptops

NAMCHI, 08 Dec: Students of Namchi Government College, Kamrang, have thanked the state government and Chief Minister Pawan Chamling for providing them with free laptops. The students, speaking on behalf of all the students of South District, thanked the Chief Minister for the initiative. More than 4,000 students from South Sikkim received laptops on Saturday.
Bikash Rai of Salleybung, Namchi, enrolled at Namchi College, said, “It is a dream come true to have a laptop of my own. We students need laptops for our studies but could never afford one but now the state government has provided me with a laptop. I am very happy and it will definitely help me with my studies and to be connected with the outside world”.
Similarly, another student of the College, Sureshma Gurung of Yangang, also thanked the Chief Minister and the state government.
“I have always been a little intimidated when it comes to using computers since I never had the opportunity to get familiar with using one. Our school had computers but we never got enough time to use them since we had to wait for our turn. Now that I have my own laptop I am excited to finally get over this phobia I have”, she said.
It may be mentioned here that a total of 4,357 students of Class XI and XII from 14 Senior Secondary Schools of South District and Namchi Government College, Kamrang were been presented with free laptops by the Chief Minister on Saturday at Singithang public ground, Namchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...