Wednesday, July 4, 2012

FALSE INFORMATION CIRCULATED ON NAM NANG SQUATTERS’ ISSUE


Letter:
I have come across an article published in your newspaper as well as other newspapers dated 02/07/2012 and the local TV Channel “Nayuma” circulating incorrect information regarding me and my land situated at Nam Nang, adjacent to the ropeway, below the Sikkim Legislative Assembly and above the Big Bazaar. This clarification is deemed necessary from my end as the true facts have been distorted/fabricated.
The fact is that the land in question situated at Nam Nang, is owned by me and was gifted to me by the Chogyal Wangchuk Namgyal. The unauthorised occupants residing on my land had to be requested by me to vacate the said property to enable me to start construction work, etc. A letter dated 29/05/2012 was also issued to the said occupants therein, who had received the said letter and in reply vide letter dated 31/05/2012 had admitted that the property belongs to me and they would vacate the same, however, they requested for sometime until the government allots housing accommodation to them. To which, I had told them that due to paucity of time I had no option but to decline requests as I had all along accommodated them but finally having no alternative I had issued them a letter giving them a month’s time to make alternative arrangements.
In the circumstances there is no question of using threat or undue pressure, etc on the unauthorised occupants on my land.
Princess Sodeun Wangdi, Happy Cottage, Development Area, Gangtok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...